Tara Quan: Guess What My #Cat Discovered in My Purse Last Friday! #ProjectPurseDump
Since my kitty decided to photo bomb my Purse Dump picture, I figured I’d attempt to describe the contents from his point of view.
Now for the boring version.
1. My lunch money pouch, which I bought during a trip to San Francisco many moons ago. It’s made from recycled plastic, and it might just be the hardiest coin purse I’ve ever owned.
2. My credit card holder. The wallet itself I bought from Thailand. It contains my ATM card, learner’s permit (I have yet to learn how to drive), and one lone business card (just incase I bump into Nalini Singh on a roman sidewalk one day).
3. My Italian ID card—it’s a laminated piece of paper, and it’s a smidge too big to fit into my wallet. I usually have it loose in my purse.
1. Eye glass box. (Warby Parker is awesome for cheap online specs).
2. Mini-clutch. It usually holds everything under “Chew Toys,” along with my phone. As you can tell, my purse is humongous, so I occasionally have to streamline in a hurry. It’s really easy to do when the essentials are already in a single container.
3. Empty lunch box. I always pack a salad and eat it at my desk, perpetuating the stereotype of the “crazy Americana.” Italians take their lunch and coffee breaks very seriously.
4. Mint Box. It once actually held “relatively strong mints,” but it is now a container for Eclipse gum and Altoids.
1. My specs. If I ever leave them lying about, my cat arrives to chew on them without fail.
2. Lip balm. One for the Mini-clutch, and one for my actual purse. I have a weakness for Clinique chubby sticks.
3. Wacom Bamboo tablet. My day job involves managing a website and making graphics for it, so I shlep my graphics tablet to and from work. I also find it a lot more comfortable than a mouse. At home, my cat chases the pen around as I use it and attempts to wrestle it out of my clutches.
1. Keys. One for the outer gate, one for the building, one for my apartment.
2. What girl can leave the house without her phone? I listen to podcasts on my walk
to work, so the earphones are a must. (By the way, can you guess what my favorite color is?)
3. [Not on my cat’s list] Mosquito repellent—I have O+ blood. It makes me a magnet for mosquitoes. Yes, there are mosquitoes in Italy. I didn’t realize how many until I got here.
There you have it, the contents of my purse last Friday. If you’re a fan of comics starring cats, check out the book trailers I made for my A Witch’s Night Out series: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ68qla6xrPE8a69mh9iV3g/videos
(You may recognize the cartoon kitty. I have a tendency to recycle graphics.)
About the Tara Quan
Globetrotter, lover of languages, and romance author, Tara Quan has an addiction for crafting tales with a pinch of spice and a smidgen of kink. Inspired by her travels, Tara enjoys tossing her kick-ass heroines and alpha males into exotic contemporary locales, paranormal worlds, and post-apocalyptic futures. Her characters, armed with magical powers or conventional weapons, are guaranteed a suspenseful and sensual ride, as well as their own happily ever after. Learn more at www.taraquan.com